In his corporate practice, Max assists clients with the incorporation process and acts for purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of corporate assets and shares. He advises his clients on corporate governance matters and drafts a wide range of agreements that assist clients in achieving their goals including partnership and shareholder agreements.
Max acts for purchasers and vendors in the purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate and also assists clients with refinance and mortgage transactions. He regularly acts for private lender clients regarding secured financing transactions. His extensive experience on both sides of financing enables Max to anticipate pitfalls and better advise either lending or borrowing clients in these complex matters.
Max’s wills and estates practice involves drafting and advising on simple and complex Last Wills and Testaments (including Primary and Secondary Business Wills), Powers of Attorney for Property and Personal Care (including limited or specific powers), assisting clients with Applications for a Certificate of Appointment with or without a Will (formerly known as probate) and estate administration matters.
Telephone: 519.621.2430 x 214
E-mail: [email protected]
Max’s community involvement includes:
- President of the Board of Directors for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Waterloo Region;
- Member of the City of Cambridge Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC);
- Member of the Standing Committee for the Cambridge Neighbourhood Table;
- Volunteer Mentor for WR Connectors;
- Member of the Shades Mill Law Association in Cambridge;
- Member of the Waterloo Region Law Association; and
- Member of the Cambridge Chamber of Commerce‘s Young Innovative Professional Group.